1. Since when have you been part of the team?
I am a newcomer at netzstrategen, I am here since March 2020. Prior to that, I have been a fullstack web developer for more than 6 years, as an employee and freelancer at the same time. It was back then when I decided to make a career switch, enrolled into a 9 month web development course in my home town, landed my first job as a developer, and I have been coding & learning ever since then.
2. What do you like most about netzstrategen?
I was looking for a job change and while scrolling through endless feeds, netzstrategen caught my attention with its outstanding way of presenting itself. I did a little more reading, got really excited and decided to send an application. I am really happy I did that because now here I am, part of the team 🙂 Everyone here has been really nice, and really good at what they do.
3. What is your daily business and in which field are you specialized?
Being a web developer, I am involved in code related contributions for the projects managed by the company. I have good experience with WordPress (I also have a soft spot for Craft CMS), but I am also interested in working with php frameworks such as Codeigniter or Laravel (which I love), so I am a little more backend work oriented.
4. What impresses you the most in your field?
The way in which the open source community restores our faith in humanity. 🙂
5. How would you explain your job to your mum?
That’s a funny one: I guess I would tell her I am making sure everything on a website stays where it should and does what it is supposed to.
6. Any tip concerning your field you’d like to give away?
This is the coolest job in the world! Even if it can sometimes feel overwhelming or simply hard, you always need to find a way to stay inspired.
7. Which sources help you to stay up to date?
WordCamps, Smashing Magazine, WPTavern, there’s no shame in browsing stackoverflow when you get stuck, I have a subscription at Laracasts and a few webdev blogs.
8. Any Apps you couldn’t live without?
The Google Suite, of course, Slack, WhatsApp, Instagram, Netflix. As a dev, I recently switched to Visual Studio Code which I am starting to love.
9. If someone would delete the internet tomorrow, what else would you do?
Prepare for the end of the world, I guess.
10. Tell us a secret about yourself, something you haven’t told anyone yet?
I am really, really bad at singing.