At netzstrategen we enable our customers to act in the digital world. For this we need experts for all digital disciplines. Because we know that a real strategy can only be developed if all aspects of the digital world are taken into account. Our services include business analytics, strategic planning, project management, UX/design, development, marketing and the qualification of our clients’ employees. That’s just your thing? Then read on!
How you work as a WordPress/CMS Developer (m/f/d) at netzstrategen
You create trust
Our promise is: We know the internet like the back of our hand. That’s why our customers can trust you completely in the things you do. You will be happy to explain the background and motives – even a few times if necessary.
You follow a strategy
Together with our project partners we define a strategy and you make sure that we don’t lose sight of it on the way. You address it if our internal wishes or those of the client cannot be reconciled with the chosen strategy.
You are proactive
You suggest measures to our customers if we consider them to be useful. You can do small things without consultation if you are absolutely sure that you are acting in the interest of the customer. This reduces the amount of consultation and administrative work on both sides and makes us fast, flexible and capable of acting.
You contradict and advise
We do not implement what we are not convinced of. Unlike a classic agency, we do not blindly do what we are asked to do, but actively contribute our knowledge. This can mean that you may have to object from time to time – as long as we can suggest a constructive alternative.
You know no end
The Internet is developing at breakneck speed and is never “finished”. When (new) opportunities open up for our customers, you talk about that too. Not as a pushy sales approach, but as an honestly meant attempt to advance your customer’s business (on the net). Of course you also accept a “no”, but you can also be persistent if we consider a measure to be really important.
Your ambition is to work at eye level
At netzstrategen we know no hierarchies and are all specialists in their respective fields. Whether intern or chief strategist, we all feel committed to the goals of our clients and identify with them. You make sure that we have the targets on our radar internally and that our customers on the road always know where we stand and where the further journey is heading.
You love your job
You love what you do and can identify with it.
You take your time
You don’t do things by halves and you really put yourself out there for our customers and partners. As you will usually be working on several projects at the same time, you need good time management to juggle projects and tasks well so that nobody has to wait long for you. In order to keep the number of balls in the air manageable, you will plan together with our customers when what will be implemented, so that enough time and the right people are available.
You can read even more about our way of working and our values.
And what exactly awaits you as a WordPress/CMS Developer (m/f/d) with us?
As a WordPress/CMS Developer (m/f/d) you will implement digital products and their functionality. You will be responsible for bringing ideas to life.
You are doing this with us:
- Planning technical solutions for individual features and whole sites for customers
- Extending existing platforms and building new websites and online stores
- Coordinating task and project statuses with customers, also in agile sprints
- Reviewing change proposals of others and giving constructive feedback
- Analyzing and optimizing the site performance
- Connecting enrichment services like Elasticsearch and marketing automation tools like newsletters and CRMs
- Developing custom data imports, exports, and migrations
- Contributing features and fixes to third-party plugin vendors and WordPress core
- Implementing automated tests and integrations with monitoring systems
- Integrating a pattern library and custom Gutenberg blocks into themes
- Customizing the frontend appearance
- Reviewing third-party sites as part of audits for our customers
You should bring this with you:
- Experience in WordPress and ideally another CMS (like Craft, Drupal, etc)
- Experience with WooCommerce or comparable ecommerce concepts
- Experience with frontend development in HTML5, SASS, JS
- Experience in developing new plugins and themes (ideally also published publicly like ours)
- Experience with typical problems of CMS update and upgrade processes and how to avoid them
- Experience with HTTP headers and reverse proxy caching like Varnish and Nginx Cache
- Experience and passion for direct, digital collaboration via Slack, Asana, Google Apps (GSuite), etc
- Knowledge about best practices and writing clean code
- Ability to quickly understand foreign code bases
- High proficiency in spoken and written English (C1)
You should be familiar with these tools:
- Peer view and version control platforms like GitHub
- Command line tools like Git, Composer, npm, gulp, WP-CLI, SSH
- Project management tools like Asana
- Collaboration tools like Slack and Google Apps (GSuite)
This should come out of your work in the end:
- Functionality that is well-tested and resolves the needs of the customer
- An implementation approach that can be maintained and updated easily
- Code that is clean and can be understood and extended by others
- Time estimates that are reliable
With these people you will have the most to do:
- Project Managers
We would like to welcome you to our team.
This is how it looks like with us:
- Independent and self-responsible work is part of our DNA. Flexible working hours and home office are absolutely natural for us – we see our work as a very important part of life. But only as a part that should fit flexibly with the rest.
- You will find a set of values that we love and live every day.
- You’ll meet a colourful international team full of digital enthusiasts who burn for their subjects – just like you do.
- A mentor will give you regular feedback. As we are constantly changing and try to get a little better every day, we would like to see the opposite. Get involved and let us know if we miss a step and what we can do better.
- There is fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks in all offices. We also meet every Monday for lunch together.
- Togetherness is important to us: we meet for team activities and joint workshops alternately in our offices in Karlsruhe, Cologne and Barcelona.
- You enjoy further education and we support you in this – with language courses, conference visits and further qualifications.
- We are fond of animals: Dogs can be brought to the office after getting to know them. Currently, the Karlsruhe office offers fish and a fluffy dog.
- We make sure that you can work under the best conditions: Laptop, mobile phone contract, the right hardware, train ticket or job bike – ride with us!
Fits? It fits!
Send us your application with your earliest possible starting date, references and code examples, and your CV. Your contact person is Magda.